Here’s a gluten free (yes, I’m looking for keyword hits and this is all the rage right now!) pancake recipe. I know most people add protein powder to this recipe, but I find it tastes dry with powder added. Stick to eggs.
- 5 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Packet of stevia or other sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple sauce (unsweetened)
- Combine ingredients in blender and mix until the oats are no longer “chunky”
- Pre-heat pan and LIGHTLY coat with coconut oil OR a cooking spray
- Once pan is heated, pour batter into pan in individualized portions. This batter will be a thinner consistency than you’re used to with flour-based pancakes, so do it slowly.
- Let pancakes bubble on one side and then flip and cook for another 45-60 seconds.
**Top with greek yogurt or fresh berries for added enjoyment.