Today, I want to introduce you to my newest invention: The Protein “Magic” Brownie.
OK, I stole a recipe online and made it my own healthy version.
Can you believe that 1 brownie is only 100 calories?!
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg or egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 big tablespoon coconut oil
- Your “secret” stash (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender and blend for a minute or until they resemble the consistency of flour (yes, you just made oat flour!). Transfer oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder; set aside.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Heat coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds until liquefied. Gently stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through and the top has set. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into 6 bars — please note that bars should be kept covered in the refrigerator and enjoyed cold!
- Top with a bit of greek yogurt and Walden Farm’s sugar free syrup (enjoy responsibly)
Benefits of Protein Powder?
I’ll let my friends at Muscle Secrets fill you in! Read the benefits of protein powder HERE