Today, I want to introduce you to my newest invention: The Protein “Magic” Brownie.
OK, I stole a recipe online and made it my own healthy version.
Can you believe that 1 brownie is only 100 calories?!
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Whey Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg or egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 big tablespoon coconut oil
- Your “secret” stash (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender and blend for a minute or until they resemble the consistency of flour (yes, you just made oat flour!). Transfer oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder; set aside.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Heat coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds until liquefied. Gently stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through and the top has set. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into 6 bars — please note that bars should be kept covered in the refrigerator and enjoyed cold!
- Top with a bit of greek yogurt and Walden Farm’s sugar free syrup (enjoy responsibly)